Έφυγε ο drummer των OLIVER MAGNUM

Για αυτούς που δεν είναι πια μαζί μας...
Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
CountRaven

Έφυγε ο drummer των OLIVER MAGNUM

Δημοσίευση από CountRaven »

Ο Curt αντιμετώπιζε θέματα με την υγεία του τον τελευταίο καιρό. Όσοι παρακολουθούσαμε το προφίλ του και τα ποστ στην OM ομάδα, βλέπανε την μάχη που έδινε. Δυστυχώς δεν τα κατάφερε.

RIP Curtis Lane Daugherty
August 24, 1965 to August 18, 2022

What can I say about this guy right here?
I met him when they came and played at Town Creek in 1987 in Jackson, MS. They were awesome heavy and loud. Curt's drums were so big you couldn't even see him. At the end of the night we were all getting ready to leave, all gathered at the front of the club, and out of the band dressing room walks the guys and the last was Curt. He had on his best Sam Kinison garb, beret, trench coat and all. Our eyes locked, it was an instant connection and I though he was the most beautiful person I had ever seen. From that moment on for two years my friends and I would travel up and down the country to go see them play. I met a lot of new friends that are still my very good friends to this day. He introduced me to all the cool music. Queensrÿche, Metallica, Marillion, Iron Madien, Lizzy Borden, King Diamond, Metal Church, Pantera...and the list goes on. The best part was knowing all of their songs, seeing him play those drums and headbanging in the front row every chance I got.
The last time I saw him was in 1993-94 not sure of the exact year. I had talked with him and he said that he was going to New Orleans, and just so happened my husband and I were going to be there too. We made plans to meet up, but they overslept and missed the riverboat cruse. Back then there were no cell phones, so you couldn't just call and say, "Hey where ya at?" Chalked it up to well it just wasn't meant to be. Later on that night, we are down on Bourbon street and I wanted to go into the VooDoo shop. My party of people were across the street waiting on me. I'm about half way in this shop and out the front door, I hear, like a speaker blasting, "WELL THERE YOU GO. Only as Curt could say it. There was no denying it was him and I bolted out that door. Like coming off the top ropes of a wrestling ring, I sailed off the top step of that shop and landed on him. He didn't know what the hell had hit him. We jumped up and down laughing and hugging, both of our parties looking at us like we were crazy people. Then we parted ways never to see each other again. We would talk and catch up maybe once a year or so, but it was never like talking to a stranger. Since social media we were able to keep up a whole lot more. Curt and CC fell in love with my dog Atta. They followed her journey and all he could talk about was getting to meet her once we moved to Oklahoma. It breaks my heart that that meeting never got to take place.
I am so thankful that I was one of the lucky ones to be able to meet him and be apart of his life. He was funny, caring, and a very talented man. He will be missed by so many people.
My condolences to his wife Cecilia (CC), his family, and the whole Oliver Magnum crew. I love y'all and y'all will be in my prayers.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1482447 ... 106673598/
Συνημμένα
FB_IMG_1660936592558.jpg
FB_IMG_1660936592558.jpg (36.11 KiB) Προβλήθηκε 2312 φορές
Ο παλιμπαιδισμός των νεώτερων μπαντών "είμαστε τόσο εκτός σκηνής αλλά ηχογραφούμε για την Metal Blade" μόνο underground δεν είναι. - Zippo190 - Forgotten Scroll Forum - 2018
Άβαταρ μέλους
Progress_Lost

Re: Έφυγε ο drummer των OLIVER MAGNUM

Δημοσίευση από Progress_Lost »

"Τrapped inside a world without a key..."

Άλλος ένας ήρωας έφυγε.... R.I.P...
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Of Obituaries and Farewells”