What goes around comes around.
Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
Scrollkeeper
Site Admin
Επικοινωνία:

TOMMY BOLIN - Shake The Devil: The Lost Sessions

Δημοσίευση από Scrollkeeper »

Με αφορμη την συμπλήρωση 45 χρόνων από την χρονιά που μας άφησε ο Tomy Bolin, κυκλοφορεί από την Cleopatra Records μια συλλογή με ακυκλοφόρητα takes και εναλλακτικές εκδόσεις κομματιών του εκλιπόντως. Κανείς δεν ξέρει τι θα είχε κατορθώσει αν συνέχιζε μετά τους Purple κ το "Private Eyes" και αυτό είναι που το κάνει να «πονάει» ακόμα περισσότερο. RIP.

Εικόνα
Now a new collection of never-before-released outtakes and demos from those recording sessions will be released showing the many sides of Bolin's talent. The collection is called "Shake The Devil - The Lost Sessions" and will be released on February 12 courtesy of Cleopatra Records. Licensed directly from Bolin's estate and with informative liner notes from rock journalist Dave Thompson, these recordings offer both acoustic, instrumental and alternate versions of some of Bolin's best-known tunes, including his most popular song, "Bustin' Out For Rosey". That track is today offered as a special sneak preview of the album, which will be available on both CD as well as a gorgeous gatefold vinyl with your choice of white, purple or red vinyl!

Track listing:

01. Shake The Devil (Alternate Mix)
02. Bustin' Out For Rosey (Alternate Version)
03. Hello Again (Outtake, No Strings)
04. Gypsy Soul (Outtake)
05. Sweet Burgundy (Alternate Version)
06. Someday We'll Bring Our Love Home (Instrumental Demo)
07. You Told Me That You Loved Me (Instrumental Demo)
08. Post Toastee (Acoustic Demo)
09. Tommy's Instrumental (Outtake)
10. Gypsy Soul (Acoustic Demo)
11. Gypsy Soul (Rehearsal Demo)
12. Someday We'll Bring Our Love Home (Instrumental Demo)
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Scrollkeeper
Site Admin
Επικοινωνία:

Απο κεκτημένη ταχύτητα ποσταρα το λαθος version...

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them.
Άβαταρ μέλους
JimmyF

Δημοσίευση από JimmyF »

Το στυλ του Tommy πάντα με έλκυε. Κι ειδικά η δουλειά του στο Come Taste the Band ήταν εκπληκτική. Δισκάρα by the way.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Scrollkeeper
Site Admin
Επικοινωνία:

Ναι ήταν πολύ ιδιαίτερος σαν κιθαρίστας και όλη δουλειά που έγινε στο CTTB είναι εκτός πραγματικότητας, παρόλο που επισκιάζεται μέχρι κ σήμερα από κυκλοφορίες όπως Machine Head, Burn, κλπ. Παρά τα όποια θέματα που έπαιζαν με ντραγκζ και ποτό κατά τη σύλληψη του δίσκου - ο Bolin εχει γραψει κ μπασο / φωνητικά γιατί ο Hughes ήταν off - ο ήχος κ το performance είναι απίστευτο.

Μετά βέβαια όλα κατέρευσαν για τους Purple o_O
Coverdale walked out after a March 1976 show at the Empire Theatre in Liverpool, never to return. “It was so fucking embarrassing," he told Goldmine. "Drugs had come in a much more overt way, and it was awful to turn around and see some of the founding members playing with their heads down out of shame. I just went, ‘Fuck it; I’m out of here.’ I just couldn’t do it anymore. I didn’t want to be part of the demise of the legacy of Deep Purple."

Band members scattered, and just six months later – while on a solo tour in support of Jeff Beck – Tommy Bolin overdosed and died. He was 25.
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/deep-pu ... -the-band/

Αν βάζαμε τους Bolin / Hughes / Paice σε ένα δίσκο χωρίς το όνομα "Deep Purple" να τους «περιορίζει», νομίζω θα παραμιλούσαμε :)
Άβαταρ μέλους
JimmyF

Δημοσίευση από JimmyF »

[mention]Scrollkeeper[/mention] συμφωνώ 100% μαζί σου. Και όντως όλο το album έχει εκπληκτική παραγωγή.
Υ.Γ. Το remix του Shirley βέβαια δε μου 'πήγε' καθόλου.
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Κυκλοφορίες & Επανακυκλοφορίες”