Retrospect Records

Κουβέντες μεταλλικές, απλές και σταράτες...
Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
Scrollkeeper
Site Admin
Επικοινωνία:

Retrospect Records

Δημοσίευση από Scrollkeeper »

Δύσκολοι καιροί...
Well hello everybody - it's been years since I posted here and probably at least 2 years since I released anything new or updated the website.

It's been 14 years since I took on the Retrospect label and from 2005-2010 was able to release over 400 albums. I have seen other re-issue labels come and go , some did it better than I , some eeked out a few releases and called it quits. But most have gone by the wayside. I have made friends , I have unfortunately made a few enemies along the way and it's all been a learning process. From the cheaply made CD-R's I started with , to runs of over 2,000 that I shipped to distributors around the world....it was a good run.

So what's going on with Retrospect? Well , times got tough ladies and gents. After amassing a massive run of over half a million dollars in sales for 5 years straight and then getting involved in a number of festivals....things started to change. Downloading killed the industry but what killed it the most was the ridiculous hikes in shipping charges to overseas customers.

Come on , 10 years ago it was about $5 to send a cd to Japan / Germany / France / UK wherever and now it's right around $14. That's a business killer.

The bottom line is , when the economy tanked , I think everyone took a big hit. Many of us never recovered. I have dozens and dozens of AMAZING HIGH-QUALITY releases in the can WAITING to be released , but the truth is....I no longer find it profitable to do so. My last releases CRASH ALLEY and RAZOR SHARP were small 100 runs because the interest was fading. Also , I lost my web designer and I am fully aware that the site needs a complete makeover. All of this costs money and I do not have this kind of capital at the moment.

So what's in it for the future? Well , I am at a crossroads. As many of the old releases are selling out , and the calls to re-stock grow , I am torn between putting 100% back into this venture or just sell it off quietly and give someone else the opportunity to continue where I left off.

CD's are a thing of the past BUT I do see a silver lining. I hope all of you are doing well. I made some great friends here and sparred aggressively with others. What I DO know is that many people said I wouldnt last 6 months and here we are , 14 years later.

If anyone has any input , I would be happy to listen.
https://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/topi ... ent-771129
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Starman

Retrospect Records

Δημοσίευση από Starman »

Από προσωπική εμπειρία μιας και έχω πάρει απευθείας από τον ίδιο περίπου 100 cd όλα αυτά τα χρόνια έχω να πω, πως θέτει σωστά κάποια θέματα που αφορούν το downloading και τα ταχυδρομικά έξοδα αλλά έχει και ο ίδιος μάλλον ευθύνη για αυτή τη κατάσταση που ήρθε η Retrospect. Όσοι έχετε cd της εταιρείας του, καταρχήν ξέρετε ότι είναι χαμηλού κόστους. Έχει εκδόσεις που το υποτιθέμενο εξώφυλλο / βιβλιαράκι δεν είναι καν δισέλιδο, αλλά μιας σελίδας τυπωμένο σε απαράδεκτο χαρτί. Αντίστοιχα τα cd είναι κακής ποιότητας για να μην αναφέρω ότι αρκετές του εκδόσεις είναι σε cd-r. Ενώ όσοι έχουν ασχοληθεί παραπάνω ξέρουν ότι ο κ. Μακλασκι αν θυμάμαι καλά το όνομά του, έχει βγάλει και αρκετά bootleg με αποτέλεσμα να τον κυνηγάνε μπάντες και μουσικοί. Ήταν πίσω και από άλλες εταιρείες με αποκλειστικές bootleg κυκλοφορίες τις οποίες δεν θυμάμαι τώρα. Νομίζω μία από αυτές είναι η Strikeforce. Όσον αφορά τις συναλλαγές του με μαγαζιά – εταιρείες δεν ξέρω αλλά σε μένα δύο φορές, που ήταν και οι τελευταίες, δεν έστειλε τις παραγγελίες και δεν έβγαλα άκρη μαζί του ούτε μέσω της paypal. Aν θυμάμαι καλά οι Έλληνες Kindragon είχαν υπογράψει μαζί του για κυκλοφορία οπότε αν κάποιος ξέρει τα παιδιά ίσως μας διαφωτίσουν παραπάνω. Επόμενο είναι λοιπόν να χάνεις το στοίχημα της αγοράς και του ανταγωνισμού με τη γνωστή κατάληξη. Πέρα από αυτά όμως κυκλοφόρησε πολύ πράμα στα Hard Rock / Aor χωράφια.
Άβαταρ μέλους
LuciferSteele

Retrospect Records

Δημοσίευση από LuciferSteele »

τα είπες όλα Αντρέα
We scribe in the dark of the night our Black Steele
The evil rite of the black and the light We now reveal to you
Άβαταρ μέλους
Metal_Warrior

Retrospect Records

Δημοσίευση από Metal_Warrior »

προσωπικά δεν θα κλάψω για τον χαμό της retrospect, έχω λίγα CD, κάποια είναι αξιοπρεπείς εκδόσεις αλλά γενικά την απόφευγα π.χ σε περιπτώσεις που έβρισκα κάτι που ήθελα στο ebay μόλις έβλεπα οτι είναι retrospect έκανα πίσω διότι ήξερα ότι κατά πάσα πιθανότητα θα μου ερχόταν κανα χαμερπές CDR με ανύπαρκτο booklet - και είχα ακούσει και τις ιστορίες για bootleg επίσης..
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Heavy metal καταστάσεις...”