Επιτέλους. Νέο άλμπουμ MERCYFUL FATE

Κουβέντες μεταλλικές, απλές και σταράτες...
Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
CountRaven

Δημοσίευση από CountRaven »

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/hank- ... ext-album/

Ο Hank το λέει καθαρά. Ετοιμάζονται τα νέα κομμάτια για το νέο MERCYFUL άλμπουμ.

Guitarist Hank Shermann of influential Danish metallers MERCYFUL FATE has confirmed that he is working on the first new music from the band in more than two decades.

Last August, it was announced that MERCYFUL FATE would reunite for an unspecified number of concerts throughout Europe and North America during the summer of 2020. However, with much of the world on lockdown due to the ongoing global pandemic, all major live events have been canceled or postponed, including most European and American rock and metal festivals.

Speaking about how the coronavirus crisis has affected MERCYFUL FATE's touring plans, Shermann told Australia's Heavy (hear audio below): "This totally [knocked] out all shows for 2020, I predict, and as it looks now, all MERCYFUL FATE shows look to be canceled. We might have an option in November [to do something], maybe, but who knows how it looks at that time?"

Asked if he is using the coronavirus downtime to work on new music, Shermann said: "First of all, King [Diamond, vocals] is living in Texas, in the States. I'm living here north of Copenhagen, in Denmark. The drummer [Bjarne T. Holm] is also here, so I work with him in the rehearsal room shaping the new songs. The other guitar player [Mike Wead] is in Stockholm, Sweden, and our new bass player [Joey Vera] is in Los Angeles. So everything is [being done via] Dropbox or e-mails."

He continued: "I have been working at least the last one and a half years on new MERCYFUL FATE songs, and I think there's about six or seven [tracks that are] about to be ready. The first song has been sent to King after it's been mixed and all the guys played on the song. So I sent the files to Joey in Los Angeles; he did the bass. And then I sent the same files to Mike in Stockholm; he did his solos. And now King has the first song, evaluating for the vocals to be added. And then we will rearrange certain parts to be twice as long and stuff like that."

MERCYFUL FATE's last studio album, "9", was released in 1999.

MERCYFUL FATE will be remembered for its unquestionable mark on the history of metal with its innovative sound, complex arrangements, memorable melody, and its influence on bands that later took the genre to new heights.

In 1998, METALLICA paid tribute to MERCYFUL FATE by recording a medley of classic MERCYFUL FATE songs on the album "Garage Inc." Titled "Mercyful Fate", the medley included parts from "Satan's Fall", "Curse of the Pharaohs", "A Corpse Without Soul", "Into the Coven" and "Evil".

Lars Ulrich of METALLICA (a fellow Dane) played drums on a new version of MERCYFUL FATE's "Return of the Vampire" on the "In the Shadows" album, which came out in 1993.
Ο παλιμπαιδισμός των νεώτερων μπαντών "είμαστε τόσο εκτός σκηνής αλλά ηχογραφούμε για την Metal Blade" μόνο underground δεν είναι. - Zippo190 - Forgotten Scroll Forum - 2018
Άβαταρ μέλους
Zippo190

Δημοσίευση από Zippo190 »

πολύ όμορφα νέα, όπως φαίνεται η συνεργασία Denner/Sherman δεν προχώρησε δυστυχώς οπότε επιστρέφουν στις σίγουρες λύσεις.
@CountRaven δεν ήθελα να το πω αλλά με αναγκάζεις, μια κλανιά του Adams και μια έστω και λάθος νότα από το μπάσο του Demaio εξαϋλώνουν 20 Prequelle στην καθισιά τους.
Άβαταρ μέλους
theBox

Δημοσίευση από theBox »

"Ελπιζουμε σε δισκάρα μεγατόνων!"

- Ενας late convert.
Εραστής του έντεχνου μεταλλικού ήχου.
Άβαταρ μέλους
LuciferSteele

Δημοσίευση από LuciferSteele »

πολύ κρίμα που δεν θα υπάρχει το άγγιγμα του Sherman πάντως...
We scribe in the dark of the night our Black Steele
The evil rite of the black and the light We now reveal to you
Άβαταρ μέλους
trigger

Δημοσίευση από trigger »

LuciferSteele έγραψε: Πέμ 07 Μάιος 2020, 20:06 πολύ κρίμα που δεν θα υπάρχει το άγγιγμα του Sherman πάντως...
Denner?
Άβαταρ μέλους
LuciferSteele

Δημοσίευση από LuciferSteele »

ε ναι
χαχαχαχα
We scribe in the dark of the night our Black Steele
The evil rite of the black and the light We now reveal to you
Άβαταρ μέλους
Xstroyer