WARLORD (US) - Free Spirit Soar (2024)

The Official WARLORD Discussion Board
Απάντηση
GilesLavery

Re: WARLORD (US) - Free Spirit Soar (2024)

Δημοσίευση από GilesLavery »

Advancing Yokeda έγραψε: Σάβ 10 Φεβ 2024, 20:29 Οι σκέψεις που ήδη γράφτηκαν, από την πιο σκληρή ως την πιο ενθουσιώδη, τριγυρίζουν στο μυαλό μου από χθες με όλα τα κουραστικά παρελκόμενα.

Τελικά, είναι απλά αυτό. Ένα κομμάτι πιο τυπικό από αυτά που γνωρίζουμε για Warlord, με αναγνωρίσιμη όμως αυθεντκή μουσική του Τσάμη, ολοκληρωμένη με καλή πρόθεση από ανθρώπους που θέλουν να κάνουν το καλύτερό τους στο να τιμήσουν αυτόν τον θρύλο. Το αναγνωρίζω και από τη στιχουργική θεματολογία που επιλέχτηκε.

Όσο αντιλαμβάνομαι την όλη φάση να μένει στα συγκεκριμένα πλαίσια που αναφέρω, όσο μπορώ να αναγνωρίζω καλή πρόθεση και σεβασμό, από μένα είναι ναι και περιμένω τα υπόλοιπα.

Για Εκείνον.
i think it would be too much of an expectation that my lyrics would compare to those of Bill, he was a true master...
Its like comparing Joey Tempest with Socrates...
Instead i have provided what i consider "respectful to the legacy lyrics"... there is no "Rock the night", but there is certainly no "70,000 Sorrows" either.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Bersekeros

Δημοσίευση από Bersekeros »

GilesLavery έγραψε: Σάβ 10 Φεβ 2024, 02:58 Bill loved the power metal bands like Hammerfall, Helloween, Gamma Ray...
He wrote the melody that i followed here closely with my melody (there really wasn't anywhere else to go with it as his guitar line dictated it... i think it came out pretty cool, and was clearly what Bill intended, two songs on this album are very Euro PM chorus-wise
I totally understand that, regarding Bill's intentions.
Let's shall not forget that Bill had chosen Joacim Cans, for the ''Rising Out Of The Ashes'' album.
Ok, maybe these versions of the songs, with Cans as a vocalist, a Euro PM singer, are not the most favourite for many fans,
since WARLORD are an epic / lyrical - melodic metal band that was there in the beginning of USPM.

Also, apart from being epic and melodic, WARLORD's music is kind of melancholic or cathartic and maybe european power metal is a little bit ''happier'' than the idealistic image, many fans (including myself) have for WARLORD.

That being said, I do not find that there is a ''problem'' to have in a couple of songs, choruses that are optimistic and with a strong message of hope for the future. Bill Tsamis, although he suffered a lot throughout his life and expressed those feelings in his songs, I believe, he would like to carry the message of hope
After redemption comes joy and happiness.

But let's say, in general, I admit the most beloved songs of WARLORD are the most melancholic ones,
since there is no human person without sufferings, one way or another.
nightbreaker33
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από nightbreaker33 »

Κάλα έλεγε κάποιος μέσα απο το φόρουμ. Είναι πόλλα τα λεφτά Μάρκο.... Δεν ξέρω ρε παιδιά, εγώ άκουσα ένα λεπτό και το έκλεισα. Το "Spiritual Warfare" και το "Gethesmane Effect" των Virgin Steele μου φάνηκαν πιό ενδιαφέροντα μιας και είναι περίπου στο ίδιο είδος. Παρ' όλα αυτά πιθανώς να παρακολουθούσα ένα live Warlord για να ακούσω τα κλασσικά τους αν έρθουν Αθήνα.
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Warlord Battle Choir MMXXIV”