WARLORD (US) - Free Spirit Soar (2024)

The Official WARLORD Discussion Board
GilesLavery

Re: WARLORD (US) - Free Spirit Soar (2024)

Δημοσίευση από GilesLavery »

That was discussed actually -- and i don't exactly recall why we didn't do that.... i somehow recall that we concluded that as to us "Destroyer" is never gone we don't want to "bury" him on the album cover.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Aphelian

Δημοσίευση από Aphelian »

GilesLavery έγραψε: Πέμ 08 Φεβ 2024, 21:08 That was discussed actually -- and i don't exactly recall why we didn't do that.... i somehow recall that we concluded that as to us "Destroyer" is never gone we don't want to "bury" him on the album cover.
Fair enough! Thank you!
GilesLavery

Δημοσίευση από GilesLavery »

There were another couple reasons as well, but i am not 100% sure -- Mark might know.
We even thought about having Damien King I, II, III, The Raven, The Sentinel all with headstones, more as a tribute to the past but we thought that people might feel that would be disrespectful, and it's a bit like killing "Eddie" isnt it? i don't think one wants to think of these characters as "gone".
Άβαταρ μέλους
CountRaven

Δημοσίευση από CountRaven »

When I saw the white dove on the cover, I instantly thought that it is / it symbolises, Bill's alive soul. So no use for a Destroyer grave IMO.
Ο παλιμπαιδισμός των νεώτερων μπαντών "είμαστε τόσο εκτός σκηνής αλλά ηχογραφούμε για την Metal Blade" μόνο underground δεν είναι. - Zippo190 - Forgotten Scroll Forum - 2018
Άβαταρ μέλους
Aphelian

Δημοσίευση από Aphelian »

Άβαταρ μέλους
CountRaven

Aphelian έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 01:44
Έπος!
Ο παλιμπαιδισμός των νεώτερων μπαντών "είμαστε τόσο εκτός σκηνής αλλά ηχογραφούμε για την Metal Blade" μόνο underground δεν είναι. - Zippo190 - Forgotten Scroll Forum - 2018
Άβαταρ μέλους
white_knight
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από white_knight »

Εξαιρετικο !!!
Άβαταρ μέλους
Bersekeros

Δημοσίευση από Bersekeros »

Το τραγούδι είναι τέλειο!
Ένα αριστούργημα!
Ζούμε μεγάλες στιγμές !!
Άβαταρ μέλους
theBox

Δημοσίευση από theBox »

Το europower ρεφρεν δεν κολλαει ουτε με την αισθητικη του κομματιου, ουτε με την γενικοτερη αισθητικη της μπαντας. Κατα τα άλλα, τιμιο κομματι warlord.
Εραστής του έντεχνου μεταλλικού ήχου.
Άβαταρ μέλους
CountRaven

theBox έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 08:35 Το europower ρεφρεν δεν κολλαει ουτε με την αισθητικη του κομματιου, ουτε με την γενικοτερη αισθητικη της μπαντας. Κατα τα άλλα, τιμιο κομματι warlord.
:pasok:

Ο ΜΠΑΜΠΑΣ ΣΑΣ
Άβαταρ μέλους
Priamos

Δημοσίευση από Priamos »

Since @GilesLavery follows the conversation, I 'll write in English.

Does the new guitarist fill the shoes of Bill? DEFINITELY NOT! Sounds like Gers when he was first recruited trying unsuccessfully to imitate the sound of the original Maiden guitar duo. Neither has the feeling nor the sound of Tsamis. This is probably why there is n't primary focus on the guitar, unlike the previous Warlord releases.

Giles follows the singing style of the "Holy empire" Damien King , but he is fortunately better. Unfortunately there is not much relevance with the first Damien King singing style.

The chorus is clearly much more euro power than Warlord sounding. It is obviously (?) not an original Tsamis piece but added by the rest of the band for this recording.

However the song is good!

Conclusion:

Is this song "Warlord" or 100% faithful to the Warlord spirit? I believe it"s not.
Is this song good enough, to have good time listening?
Yes it is!!
And after all, this is the ultimate point of listening music: Having a good time listening to it. Not the "legacy", nor anything else outside the music. And if I enjoy listening to the new album, I'll be content with it without caring about the background.
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το μέλος Priamos την Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 08:44, έχει επεξεργασθεί 1 φορά συνολικά.
Race of Cain, ascend to heaven,
And cast God down upon the earth!
Άβαταρ μέλους
Priamos

Δημοσίευση από Priamos »

@theBox Ρε box, τα μεγάλα πνεύματα συναντιούνται!! :D
Race of Cain, ascend to heaven,
And cast God down upon the earth!
Άβαταρ μέλους
CountRaven

Priamos έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 08:43 Since @GilesLavery follows the conversation, I 'll write in English.

Does the new guitarist fill the shoes of Bill? DEFINITELY NOT! Sounds like Gers when he was first recruited trying unsuccessfully to imitate the sound of the original Maiden guitar duo. Neither has the feeling nor the sound of Tsamis. This is probably why there is n't primary focus on the guitar, unlike the previous Warlord releases.

Giles follows the singing style of the "Holy empire" Damien King , but he is fortunately better. Unfortunately there is not much relevance with the first Damien King singing style.

The chorus is clearly much more euro power than Warlord sounding. It is obviously (?) not an original Tsamis piece but added by the rest of the band for this recording.

Conclusion:

Is this song "Warlord" or 100% faithful to the Warlord spirit? I believe it"s not.
Yes it is!!
And after all, this is the ultimate point of listening music: Having a good time listening to it. Not the "legacy", nor anything else outside the music. And if I enjoy listening to the new album, I'll be content with it without caring about the background.
Πάντως εμένα κιθαριστικά το ρεφραίν δεν μου έκανε αρνητική εντύπωση, από τα αρχαία χρόνια η μπάντα είχε γρήγορα θέματα με δίκαση από πίσω. Είναι η μελωδία της φωνής που του δίνει ένα πιο Euro touch.
Άβαταρ μέλους
FarCry

Δημοσίευση από FarCry »

CountRaven έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 08:51
Priamos έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 08:43 Since @GilesLavery follows the conversation, I 'll write in English.

Conclusion:

Yes it is!!
Πάντως εμένα κιθαριστικά το ρεφραίν δεν μου έκανε αρνητική εντύπωση, από τα αρχαία χρόνια η μπάντα είχε γρήγορα θέματα με δίκαση από πίσω. Είναι η μελωδία της φωνής που του δίνει ένα πιο Euro touch.
''Είναι η μελωδία της φωνής που του δίνει ένα πιο Euro touch.'' κι εμενα αυτο μου εβγαλε με το ακουσμα.
Ωραιο το ρεφραιν ,ισως οχι τοσο Warlord οντως ,διασκεδαστικο σιγουρα το κομματι,απιστευτα 'επιπεδος' ο τραγουδιστης
For us there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm..
Άβαταρ μέλους
theBox

Δημοσίευση από theBox »

@CountRaven μα ΝΑΙ για τα φωνητικα μιλαω προφανως. Η μουσικη απο πισω δεν λεει κατι απο μονη της, θα μπορουσε να παει σε διαφορες κατευθυνσεις.
Εραστής του έντεχνου μεταλλικού ήχου.
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Warlord Battle Choir MMXXIV”