aorpanos72

Re: Giles Lavery Q&A

Δημοσίευση από aorpanos72 »

Take your time, @GilesLavery , we have a lot of patience. :D
" When Hairspray Meet Shoulder Pad" Show at Mercury-radio.net
GilesLavery

Δημοσίευση από GilesLavery »

aorpanos72 έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 22:39 Take your time, @GilesLavery , we have a lot of patience. :D
I have a game of cards in an hour lol!
J/K
GilesLavery

I answered many questions and it seems my answers have not shown... i am trying to work out why
GilesLavery

CountRaven έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 22:15 @GilesLavery

Are you happy with those reissues now that the years have passed and you are approaching them as a finalized project, perhaps by a fan's point of view?
I am very happy with them,
We were able to bring to light many unheard and lost recordings.
There is one further part of this project to come.
It is a reworking of some of the Rising out of the ashes songs, with Bills guitar... but presenting them much closer to Bill's original vision (close to how he did them with Lordian Gaurd)
GilesLavery

Bersekeros έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 22:18 @GilesLavery
Could you share with us a few info, regarding the lyrical themes on the following songs of the new album?

1) The Rider:
2) “Worms of the Earth”:
3) “The Watchman”
4) “The Bell Tolls”
5) “Alarm”:
6) “Twins”:
7) “Free Spirit Soar”:

The Rider - Stephen Kings "Needful Things" kind of a return to the Mrs Victoria type of lyric

Worms of the Earth - About corruption and the corrupters, and how they wlll drive us underground if we allow it... or we will become like them... Facebook is already causiing this, however the song is not about FB

The Watchman - i did answer this question in a previous answer as someone asked about how Steve Blaze got involved :-)

The Bell Tolls - About the end of a very long war

Alarm - About the battle of Nasiriyah in the early 2000s

Twin - It is about the Apostle Thomas

Free Spirit Soar - this lyric is about how much Bill loved you all, and we loved him
Άβαταρ μέλους
Metal_Warrior

Δημοσίευση από Metal_Warrior »

Would you be able to break down on a song by song basis for the new album, how much of the material was already in place by Bill and how much you guys had to fill in?
GilesLavery

Bersekeros έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 22:26 @GilesLavery

What is your opinion on the other Damien Kings?
You said you tried to get in contact with Jack Rucker but to no avail.
Which one is your favourite?
Did you try to get in contact with Rick Cunningham (DK II) or Richard Anderson (DK III)?

What is your opinion on Joacim Cans and Nick Leptos?
I love all the DK's

Yes i tried to contact Jack via his FB page... he never replied to several messages, i wanted him on this record and in this band.

Jack is my fav

Rick C , i reached out and he said he cant sing "like that" these days, he offered to do a spoken intro, but that didnt work out.
He was very complimentary about my voice, which i appreciated.

Rick A , there are or were some issues with Bill and Mark with Rick A, its not my story to tell though.

I love Nick, great guy!

Joacim, very talented.. has such a distinctive voice ... that when he sings on something it sounds more "him" than the band... a bit like Ozzy... if Ozzy sang for System of a Down it would sound like Ozzy still.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Bersekeros

Δημοσίευση από Bersekeros »

Metal_Warrior έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 22:56 Would you be able to break down on a song by song basis for the new album, how much of the material was already in place by Bill and how much you guys had to fill in?
I think you can find that answer here, on a song by song basis: https://www.forgotten-scroll.net/metal- ... rlord2023/
GilesLavery

aorpanos72 έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 22:30 @GilesLavery

Let me ask you something unrelated to warlord, but also something related.
First if you know if Lillian Axe is still active and also as someone already asked,
How did the collaboration with Steve Blaze come about and if he knows the history and the specificity of Warlord's music?
I manage Lillian Axe, they are still going and we had a USA Billboard charting album last year... with their latest "From Womb To Tomb"
I asked Steve to write this lyric as he is a Christian, and Christian themes were important to Bill of course and a part of Warlords music.
The song "The Watchman" is about how God is the light, and the Watchman that will drive away the dark.
Steve knew the Deliver Us EP but had lost track after that... he loves the Warlord music and is catching up.
GilesLavery

Bersekeros έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 22:59
Metal_Warrior έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 22:56 Would you be able to break down on a song by song basis for the new album, how much of the material was already in place by Bill and how much you guys had to fill in?
I think you can find that answer here, on a song by song basis: https://www.forgotten-scroll.net/metal- ... rlord2023/
That does pretty much offer the best description of each song :-)
GilesLavery

Bersekeros έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 21:24
GilesLavery έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 21:21 The music was all Bill, the vocal melody mostly directed by him too (played by guitar)... remember his announcement that he wanted more "power metal elements" in the new Warlord music?, this is one of two of the new songs which have such elements.
Bill always loved Helloween and Gamma Ray.
Which one is the other song, that has the ''power metal elements''?
Free Spirit Soar
GilesLavery

Mamercus έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 21:29 So far, if my maths are correct, almost 5 persons every minute have been listening to Conquerors since its upload
- and that's only from HRR YouTube channel, I don't know if the song can be heard elsewhere.

I say this is a triumph! A victory for all fans of Warlord! For Bill and the band too!

The two questions I have about the single are:
1. do we hear Bill playing (pre-recorded parts maybe?) or is it all Eric's work?
2. is the songwriting totally composed by Bill, or has it been any necessary additions (in chorus maybe?) and may I dare to ask by whom?

In any case, the song is EPIC, I absolutely adored it!
And your voice, ideally matched!

Congrats!
Bill is featured where possible, where we could lift his guitars off the demos without problem... therefore it is "in places" and Eric doubles him to make it all sonically together and cohesive... it wasnt easy

ALL music is Bill's ideas (riffs, melodies etc)
Lyrics mostly mine (apart from the Lordian tunes of course and Steve Blaze writing "The Watchman")
Thank you so much for the kind words.
GilesLavery

Mamercus έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 21:30 Oh, well, EVERYTHING has already bveen answered!!!!
Hahahaha....

So great to have you with us, Giles!!!
Great to be here with you all
GilesLavery

Mamercus έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 21:36 Wish everyone a good night, I have to leave unfortunately!

One last thing:
"MORE TO COME WOULD CARRY YOUR NAME"

Make Heavens shine, great maestro Bill - you are not forgotten by neither your bandmates nor your faithful fans!
You'll NEVER be!
Amen!
GilesLavery

Bersekeros έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 21:37 @GilesLavery
Which are your 2 favourite songs, from the 10 songs, of the new album.
I know this is a difficult question, but could you give it a try and answer that please?
Conquerors and a song called Twin are probably my favs
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Warlord Battle Choir MMXXIV”