Giles Lavery Q&A

The Official WARLORD Discussion Board
Άβαταρ μέλους
Pavlos

Re: Giles Lavery Q&A

Δημοσίευση από Pavlos »

Giles, thanx for doing this. My question is:

If you'd have to express the answer in percentage: how much of Bill's playing & ideas do we hear on the album, and how much is the (added) stuff from the rest of the band?

Thanx.
GilesLavery

Δημοσίευση από GilesLavery »

Bersekeros έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 21:44
CountRaven έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 21:42 @GilesLavery

Which is your favourite Warlord song in general?
That question is even more difficult than mine !!
Hard to pick one, but Mrs Victoria maybe... i love the almost manic Savatage meet Mercyful Fate type of vibe
Άβαταρ μέλους
aorpanos72

Δημοσίευση από aorpanos72 »

@GilesLavery For my part, I want to thank you for your time, patience and perseverance in answering all our questions. I will wish you good luck in the card game you have next and hope to see you in person sometime.
" When Hairspray Meet Shoulder Pad" Show at Mercury-radio.net
GilesLavery

Pavlos έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 23:10 Giles, thanx for doing this. My question is:

If you'd have to express the answer in percentage: how much of Bill's playing & ideas do we hear on the album, and how much is the (added) stuff from the rest of the band?

Thanx.
100% Bill's music, every musical note you hear is Bills

Only two songs have his lyrics/vocal melodies, they are the Lordian Guard songs, the rest was mine apart from "The Watchman" which was Steve Blaze from Lillian Axe and i co-wrote "The Bell Tolls" with a writer named Jon Wilde.

about 20-25% Bill's actualy guitar tracks spread across many areas where possible.
GilesLavery

aorpanos72 έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 23:13 @GilesLavery For my part, I want to thank you for your time, patience and perseverance in answering all our questions. I will wish you good luck in the card game you have next and hope to see you in person sometime.
I was joking about the card game lol!
It is an Ace Frehley reference (Kiss in joke)
Άβαταρ μέλους
aorpanos72

Δημοσίευση από aorpanos72 »

Oh 😂😂
" When Hairspray Meet Shoulder Pad" Show at Mercury-radio.net
GilesLavery

Bersekeros έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 22:38 @GilesLavery

I do not remember if you have already answered that question, but i would like to repeat it.

How much more of Bill's material do you have in the Vaults that Bill has passed unto you?
Is there a lot of material that is waiting to see the daylight?
There is at least enough for one more album if we count the Lordian Guard songs that have not been "Warlord-ized"...
Άβαταρ μέλους
CountRaven

Δημοσίευση από CountRaven »

@GilesLavery

Which was the songs you auditioned for the slot on the band back on the days of the first 10s tour?
Ο παλιμπαιδισμός των νεώτερων μπαντών "είμαστε τόσο εκτός σκηνής αλλά ηχογραφούμε για την Metal Blade" μόνο underground δεν είναι. - Zippo190 - Forgotten Scroll Forum - 2018
GilesLavery

Bersekeros έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 22:32 @GilesLavery

Are you a Vinyl / CD collector yourself ?
Are you in favor of physical VS digital format?
How do you find the prices of the physical formats nowadays?
More expensive than before, the same or cheaper than in past?
Any thoughts on the future of the music industry in general and in heavy metal in particular?
How difficult will be for someone to be a fully professional musician, without a morning job?
I do collect Iron Maiden vinyl

Physical vs digital : i am mostly happy that music is so available and portable now...for example, i grew up in New Zealand and couldnt even find it until 1993... these days it would be a click away.

Cds seem to be dropping in price and selling less.
Vinyl is gretting to be kind of crazy high prices from some labels.

For the future of this genre, i think someone is going to have to come out with something like the first Iron Maiden album, and have that impact... great songs, great players, great image... i do hope the triggered drums thing goes away soon.

I think its very hard for any new band, as even established bands members have to keep day jobs or be in 10 different projects at once to make it work financially.
We (Warlord) want to start posting on our fb page some music by some of the younger talented bands we see, we should all help each other in this genre.
GilesLavery

CountRaven έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 23:26 @GilesLavery

Which was the songs you auditioned for the slot on the band back on the days of the first 10s tour?
Child of the damned
Aliens
Deliver Us
Lost and Lonely Days
GilesLavery

Metal_Warrior έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 22:56 Would you be able to break down on a song by song basis for the new album, how much of the material was already in place by Bill and how much you guys had to fill in?
I love that Mark Boals album too!
great pic
Άβαταρ μέλους
CountRaven

Δημοσίευση από CountRaven »

@GilesLavery

Will you join the FS forum members for pizza on Volos?
Ο παλιμπαιδισμός των νεώτερων μπαντών "είμαστε τόσο εκτός σκηνής αλλά ηχογραφούμε για την Metal Blade" μόνο underground δεν είναι. - Zippo190 - Forgotten Scroll Forum - 2018
Άβαταρ μέλους
Pavlos

Δημοσίευση από Pavlos »

Giles, since you experienced it yourself, could you give us informaion about Bill's last years? How was his health, how was his view on Metal (music and scene) and Warlord? What was he like when he realized that he couldn't perform or even record anymore? Did he have further plans? Thanx.
GilesLavery

One thing i see mentioned in several places online is how Mark Zonder said after Bill's passing, that there could be no more Warlord without Bill... people keep refering to that particualy Rock Hard interview (promoting the A-Z album)
Bill hasdtried to convince Mark to continue Warlord (as Bill was too unwell to do so) ... Bill felt as long as the songs were performed well then it didn't matter if he wasnt there to play them (he used to say it was like classical music, where the composer is gone or absent, but the songs live on)
Mark resisted this at first, he was so upset at Bill's death.
After a while alot of what Bill had written to us and suggested we do, started making sense... it just needed time.
Soon Mark had a strong desire to play these songs live and work on this unfinished music.
People are allowed to change their minds and how they feel, especially in greif and the stages of greiving.
GilesLavery

CountRaven έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 23:34 @GilesLavery

Will you join the FS forum members for pizza on Volos?
Always, and any time... i LOVE you guys and i want to get to know you better.
I would be honored!
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Warlord Battle Choir MMXXIV”