Giles Lavery Q&A

The Official WARLORD Discussion Board
Απάντηση
GilesLavery

Re: Giles Lavery Q&A

Δημοσίευση από GilesLavery »

Ok a few other questions i have seen online...

Why me and not Nick... didn't Bill choose Nick as the perfect Warlord singer?...

Answer: The Nick era kinda wrapped up in 2017/2018, Bill and i became very close after that, we always talked about doing something musical again, he pointed out areas where i could improve vocally and i worked on them.
Mark and i also became closer as he and i worked on numerous things in business, it wasn't random me coming back for this new chapter, its just that through the re-issue project of the W back catalog, and through all 3 of us getting closer as friends, also Bill and Mark understanding a little more about the 2013 tour and the inner working of how the manager at the time sort of did a psychological number on me during that tour (im not looking for pity here) ... things kind of came together where all 3 of us were really tight and it felt like a solid united thing, when Bill passed away, Mark asked me to sing.
Personally i think Jack is the definitive Warlord singer.
I do really like Nick and we had a great time in Crete -- it was very important to me that the "Hunt For Damien" re-issue featuring him was treated with the same amount of respect as the rest of the catalog.

Why not have all the singers and players come back and do a "warlord-fest" type of show?:

Answer: Just sadly not practical, we would need a crazy high budget -- it's also about keeping that tight group of people that all are such close friends, to do this in the spirit of what it is meant to be, we need that, it is how we feel comfortable.

And we love Paolo... there is NO issue with him.
I wanted to sit down with Angelo and talk about the future with him when i was last in Greece, he was unable to make time for me for that, i told Mark, and we just moved on to working with Jimmy Waldo, who is a dear friend to both of us.
GilesLavery

Bersekeros έγραψε: Σάβ 10 Φεβ 2024, 01:19
GilesLavery έγραψε: Σάβ 10 Φεβ 2024, 01:10
Bersekeros έγραψε: Σάβ 10 Φεβ 2024, 00:07 @GilesLavery

What do you think of Warlord's and Bill's music, as the uniqueness of it's kind is concerned?

Tsamis's songwriting was so unique, that is very difficult for someone to try to write something, that is similar or resembles the style and the feeling.
We can see, for example, some bands, that try to play like Maiden, Priest etc but with WARLORD is so different.

It's almost impossible for someone, even to try to write something like that. WARLORDS's music is so special.

What do you think of WARLORD's uniqueness in Heavy Metal?
It really is, we were and are fotunate to have these unfinished pieces of music from Bill that we were able to "finish" ... I can't imagine this without that starting point.
I love uniqueness in music... even when a band does something really different that the fans don't always understand, i like it... when the Scorpions did Eye II Eye, many hated it, i liked about half of it which sounded like typical Scorpions to me, just through a more late 90s filter... but mainly i commended them for trying something unique.
The reason I mentioned earlier ''Black Sword Thunder Attack'' is that, they are the only band that kind of reminds me of WARLORD / Lordian Guard and approaches the same feeling.

No other band, so many years, has even attempted to sound like WARLORD.

It is unbelievably difficult.
Yes this is very very good!
They have an album?
Άβαταρ μέλους
Bersekeros

Δημοσίευση από Bersekeros »

@GilesLavery

No, BSTA do not have an album yet. They just have this EP from No Remorse Records.
@CountRaven can provide you more precise info regarding them.
GilesLavery

It's been great talking with you guys, thanks for having me on here
GilesLavery

Mamercus έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 21:36 Wish everyone a good night, I have to leave unfortunately!

One last thing:
"MORE TO COME WOULD CARRY YOUR NAME"

Make Heavens shine, great maestro Bill - you are not forgotten by neither your bandmates nor your faithful fans!
You'll NEVER be!
Hail brother!
GilesLavery

Mamercus έγραψε: Παρ 09 Φεβ 2024, 21:29 So far, if my maths are correct, almost 5 persons every minute have been listening to Conquerors since its upload
- and that's only from HRR YouTube channel, I don't know if the song can be heard elsewhere.

I say this is a triumph! A victory for all fans of Warlord! For Bill and the band too!

The two questions I have about the single are:
1. do we hear Bill playing (pre-recorded parts maybe?) or is it all Eric's work?
2. is the songwriting totally composed by Bill, or has it been any necessary additions (in chorus maybe?) and may I dare to ask by whom?

In any case, the song is EPIC, I absolutely adored it!
And your voice, ideally matched!

Congrats!
On the single what you hear it is Eric, Bill's guitar is in some parts as well, but as a double to Eric... the demo of this one was of good quality so we were able to use some of Bill on this... Eric faithfully played the rest according to Bill's demo.

Music was Bill, lyrics were mine, vocal melody "mine" but it followed Bill's guitar line so closely that i consider it "his"

I am so happy you enjoyed the song.
I was a little risk to put out such a "power metal" sounding song... but we felt it was strong.
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Warlord Battle Choir MMXXIV”