What goes around comes around.
Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
CountRaven

JOHN PETRUCCI - Terminal Velocity

Δημοσίευση από CountRaven »

Δημοσιεύτηκε στις 28 Αυγ 2020
TERMINAL VELOCITY ALBUM OUT NOW! - https://orcd.co/TerminalVelocity

Terminal Velocity marks the first solo album by John Petrucci to be released in 15 years, as well as, his first through The Orchard Music on his Sound Mind Music record label. The artwork was created by Sean M. Smith at Echo Designlab (Stone Sour, Hollywood Undead, In This Moment). Terminal Velocity was written and produced by John Petrucci, recorded by James ‘Jimmy T’ Meslin and mixed and mastered by Andy Sneap (Judas Priest, Killswitch Engage, Arch Enemy).

The album sees the return of bassist Dave LaRue (Dixie Dregs, Flying Colors) who played on John’s debut solo album and subsequent G3 tours, as well as, an eagerly anticipated reunion with former Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy (Transatlantic, Winery Dogs, Sons Of Apollo). “It was awesome bringing Dave back to play bass on this album. He is just such a monster player who can handle anything you throw at him with tastefulness and unmatched musicality. His melodic approach to bass lines along with impeccable technique and groove for days really stands out on these tunes.”

Portnoy’s appearance on Terminal Velocity marks the first recording of the guitarist and his former bandmate in over a decade and the first since Portnoy left the band in 2010. “Having Mike play drums on this record was really special for me and he did an absolutely incredible job navigating the various styles and technical challenges my music presented in the way that only he can do. It was very cathartic for the both of us, I think, to be playing music together again after all these years and it really felt great! Mike’s spirited, intuitive and energetic playing truly helped to elevate these new songs to a level that I couldn’t be happier with.”

In the beginning of March 2020 while the COVID-19 global pandemic was unrelentingly reeking it’s havoc on the world and especially NY, John started working on the music that would make up Terminal Velocity at the DT Headquarters on Long Island with engineer Jimmy T at the helm. “All DT touring for the rest of the year was either being cancelled or postponed and even though I had already planned on starting the project this Spring, I suddenly found myself with many unanticipated months at home. Jimmy T and I would head into the DTHQ 5 days week for about 2 and a half months and, as I wrote and constructed the new tunes, he was right there capturing it all and turning it into a record. Initially, he programmed drums and we shared bass playing responsibilities just to get the ideas to a place where they sounded like completed and cohesive songs but we always anticipating that ‘work in progress’ drums and bass would eventually be replaced.”

The 9 songs on Terminal Velocity showcase John’s affinity for writing tightly-weaved guitar instrumental powerhouses that feature everything from monster riff breaks to passion-filled melodic themes worthy of film soundtracks, to all-out shred extravaganzas that leave the listener feeling like they just stepped off of a thrilling musical roller coaster ride. “Much like the songs on my first solo album, Suspended Animation, I wanted the new tunes to really showcase what I’m all about as a player and to give an up-to-date depiction of where I am musically and how I like to express myself on the instrument. It’s about capturing the attitude of the performances and of course as always, very much about capturing the tone that I’ve worked so hard over the years to develop and refine.”

Although a few of the songs that make up Terminal Velocity were actually written quite a long time ago and even played live but never properly recorded, over half the album’s content is new music that John created while in the studio during the quarantine. “I believe that making this record when I did really helped me to maintain a sense of stability and normalcy during such a crazy time in our history.” “It was encouraging for me and my family to embrace something so hopeful and positive as we faced a very uncertain future in the music industry and in the world and for that, I am truly grateful for having music be such a big part of my life.”

Track listing:
1.Terminal Velocity
2.The Oddfather
3.Happy Song
4.Gemini
5.Out Of The Blue
6.Glassy-Eyed Zombies
7.The Way Things Fall
8.Snake In My Boot
9.Temple Of Circadia

Ώπ τι έχουμε εδώ;
Ο παλιμπαιδισμός των νεώτερων μπαντών "είμαστε τόσο εκτός σκηνής αλλά ηχογραφούμε για την Metal Blade" μόνο underground δεν είναι. - Zippo190 - Forgotten Scroll Forum - 2018
Άβαταρ μέλους
theBox

Δημοσίευση από theBox »

Ο.Χ.Ι.!!!!

Κράζω στο fb, βαριεμαι να ξαναγραφω κι εδω.
Εραστής του έντεχνου μεταλλικού ήχου.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Scrollkeeper
Site Admin
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Scrollkeeper »

theBox έγραψε: Σάβ 29 Αύγ 2020, 12:32 Ο.Χ.Ι.!!!!

Michael Angelo Batio Hoolz
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them.
Άβαταρ μέλους
theBox

Δημοσίευση από theBox »

Scrollkeeper έγραψε: Σάβ 29 Αύγ 2020, 12:36

Michael Angelo Batio Hoolz
Με επιασε πονοκεφαλος και μονο που το εκανα εικονα.
Άβαταρ μέλους
rbrigade

Δημοσίευση από rbrigade »

Κάνε ένα copy paste τουλάχιστον
Άβαταρ μέλους
theBox

Δημοσίευση από theBox »

Αντε να πω κι εγω την αποψη μου για εναν παλαι ποτε αγαπημενο καλλιτεχνη :

ΟΤΙΔΗΠΟΤΕ μπορει να παει στραβα σε αυτο που εχει φτάσει να αποκαλειται "prog metal", εδω ΠΑΕΙ. Και ο κυριος εχει συμβαλλει παραπανω απ οσο θα περιμενε κανεις στην παρακμη του ειδους.

Μουσικη για "impressionable kids"
Λεω...το συγχρονο (thaterιζον) prog metal εχει καταντησει πιο προβλεψιμο και ΑΥΤΟΑΝΑΦΟΡΙΚΟ (και βαρετο) απο τριτοκλασσατο maiden κλωνο. Ολο τα ιδια odd time μοτιβα (που ασ μην γελιομαστε, τα προλαβαν οι rush απο τοτε, αλλα αυτο ειναι ΑΛΛΗ κουβεντα) σε ολες τις μπαντες εδω και 20 χρονια. Και σαν γαρνιτουρα στην τουρτα η πανταχου παρουσα 7χορδη "γκρουβα" σε μια νότα.
Μουσικοι ζομπι που συντηρουνται στη "ζωη" για να πουλαει η mesa boogie ενισχυτες και η music man κιθαρες, συνεπικουρουμενες απο ορδες 20αριδων που ανακαλυπτουν μολις τωρα τους μουσικους ζογκλερισμους πιστευοντας οτι εχουν πιασει τον Παπα απο τα αχαμνά σε σχεση με την υπολοιπη "πλέμπα" ακροατών/μουσικόφιλων.
[mention]rbrigade[/mention] μερικα μεζεδακια. Δεν εχουν ολα να κανουν με τον δισκο τον ιδιο, αλλα και γενικοτερα με αυτου του ειδους το προγκ μεταλ απο τα 00ς και μετα χονδρικα.
Άβαταρ μέλους
rbrigade

Δημοσίευση από rbrigade »

Σκληρός! Άκουσα τα πρώτα τρία λεπτά και ήταν συμπαθητικό, ειδικά τα riffs ψιλογαμούσαν. Βέβαια είμαι ο τελευταίος στον κόσμο που θα κάτσει να ακούσει instrumental άλμπουμ...
Άβαταρ μέλους
Scrollkeeper
Site Admin
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από Scrollkeeper »

Κούραση ο δίσκος. Πλουραλιστική «φασαρία». Δεν ξερω αν θα το χαρακτήριζα ούτε ως «μουσική για μουσικούς».
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Metal_Warrior

Δημοσίευση από Metal_Warrior »

το προηγούμενο προσωπικό του που γενικά έχει εκθειαστεί δεν μου άρεσε, οπότε προσπερνάμε άφοβα μου φαίνεται
Άβαταρ μέλους
JimmyF

Δημοσίευση από JimmyF »

Δυστυχώς θα συμφωνήσω σε γενικές γραμμές με τα λεγόμενα του [mention]theBox[/mention] . Παρόλο που 3-4 κομμάτια που άκουσα δεν τα θεωρώ του 'πεταματού', τουλάχιστον γι αυτό που ας πούμε ότι είναι κιθαριστικό prog, (και οφείλω να πω ότι σαν ιδέες μου φάνηκαν πολύ καλύτερες από τα albums των DT εδώ και περίπου 18 χρόνια), η έννοια της προοδευτικότητας- εξέλιξης θεωρώ ότι δεν υφίσταται πλέον για τους Petrucci&co όπως και για πολλούς άλλους so called prog. Ο εντυπωσιασμός με τις κιθαριστικές- ρυθμικές ακροβασίες και τις μεγάλες διάρκειες άνευ ουσίας, καθώς και μιας μανιέρας ηχοχρώματος έχουν επικρατήσει κατά κράτος επί της σύνθεσης καθαυτής και όχι τούμπαλιν όπως τουλάχιστον εγώ θα ήθελα (τρανό ευχάριστο παράδειγμα το Lord of Light. Prog γιατί πολύ απλά δεν ψυλλιάζεσαι πώς θα συνεχίσει η σύνθεση) . Και μόλις συνειδητοποίησα ότι το τελευταίο DT που άκουσα ολόκληρο, ήταν το 6 degrees. Σε όλα τα υπόλοιπα, απλά δεν..τα κατάφερα.
Άβαταρ μέλους
CountRaven

Δημοσίευση από CountRaven »

Ο παλιμπαιδισμός των νεώτερων μπαντών "είμαστε τόσο εκτός σκηνής αλλά ηχογραφούμε για την Metal Blade" μόνο underground δεν είναι. - Zippo190 - Forgotten Scroll Forum - 2018
Άβαταρ μέλους
Zippo190

Δημοσίευση από Zippo190 »

θέλω να ακούσω το "Happy song", τώρα, χτές. Χαλαρά ο καλύτερος τίτλος τραγουδιού.
@CountRaven δεν ήθελα να το πω αλλά με αναγκάζεις, μια κλανιά του Adams και μια έστω και λάθος νότα από το μπάσο του Demaio εξαϋλώνουν 20 Prequelle στην καθισιά τους.
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Κυκλοφορίες & Επανακυκλοφορίες”