APOLLO RA (US) - Unreleased 1994 album

Αποκλειστικά επανακυκλοφορίες, επετειακές εκδόσεις κλπ.
Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
vasilis2112

APOLLO RA (US) - Unreleased 1994 album

Δημοσίευση από vasilis2112 »

https://www.hrrecords.de/high_roller/start.html

Apollo Ra - Unreleared 1994 album διαβάζω!!!

Δε γνώριζα! Ξέρουμε λεπτομέρειες;
Άβαταρ μέλους
CountRaven

Re: APOLLO RA (US) - Unreleased 1994 album

Δημοσίευση από CountRaven »

Ε ήταν θέμα χρόνου να βγουν αυτές οι ηχογραφήσεις και ως Apollo Ra.

Είναι η δεύτερη προσπάθεια μελών τους για κανονικό άλμπουμ. Το υλικό κυκλοφόρησε κάτω από άλλο όνομα -Museum of Fear-.

https://www.discogs.com/release/1158682 ... estion-Box

Τα κομμάτια αν και αξιόλογα είναι αρκετά πιο light σε σχέση με το κλασικό υλικό που ξέρουμε όλοι.

Δεν είναι αδιάφορα όμως.
After »Ra Pariah«, however, Apollo Ra continued to struggle on. There were a few line-up changes though, as Carl Canedy explains: “Elaine Rudolph and I were managing the band at the time. Elaine moved on and I took over. I did continue shopping the band, however, once it’s a no from a couple of labels, there was really nowhere to go back then.”

Whilst no label interest was forthcoming, Apollo Ra also suffered a few line-up changes: “Andrew ‘Duck’ MacDonald was brought in for guitar for the album. The original guitarist left during pre-production. Once the album was completed, Kevin Buckley was brought in for live gigs and two additional studio recordings.”

Post-album songs like “Post-Heroic” or “Diablo Milk” were a bit more accessible than the bulk of the material on »Ra Pariah«, and a bit more modern-sounding as well. “We were inexperienced at recording when we did the first album,” comments Carl Canedy, who was heavily involved in managing, engineering and producing Apollo Ra. Canedy almost felt like an additional band member: “We were all aware of our individual sounds and tones prior to going into the studio. All of that makes a huge difference when heading into your second album.”

In the end, however, the second album, recorded in 1994, never officially saw the light of day – until now. “We really loved the songs we’d written for this album,” continues The Rods’ drummer, who also had a hand in arranging some of the material. “The recording went smoothly, as had the first. I worked with the band on songs and arrangements while Pat Kenyon, the engineer, focused on capturing the sounds. This album was much more relaxed and we enjoyed the process a bit more this time around. The band was much tighter this time around. The material was recorded over three sessions. The songs were done in a professional studio with the same production team as the others.”

“We all loved the name »Post Hypnotic Suggestion Box« as a possible album title,” remembers Carl Canedy today. “The band was hoping for a fresh start after having been rejected by the labels. I believe we would have continued in the style of the first album, had we been signed. We were a bit touchy now and decided to modify our style somewhat. In reality, once you have a style, it’s truly difficult to stray to far.”
Ο παλιμπαιδισμός των νεώτερων μπαντών "είμαστε τόσο εκτός σκηνής αλλά ηχογραφούμε για την Metal Blade" μόνο underground δεν είναι. - Zippo190 - Forgotten Scroll Forum - 2018
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Επανακυκλοφορίες”